Rules of the Road
Information on the foreign-language versions of the “Rules of the Road”, which clearly explains traffic rules in Japan
- Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) publishes and sells the foreign-language versions of the Rules of the Road to help foreign motorists understand Japanese traffic rules in order to prevent the occurrence of traffic accidents.
- The foreign-language versions are translations done by JAF of Kotsu no Kyosoku (Rules of the Road) issued by the Japan Traffic Safety Association.
- Please check below for sales prices, purchasing, and other details.
- *All prices shown include tax (10% consumptions tax).
- *If you apply for a translation online through Japanese Translation of Foreign License, you can purchase a printed foreign language version of Rules of the Road when you make the application.
- Both the digital and printed formats were revised in February 2023.
* This book is not intended for use as teaching material for the written examination at the Driving License Test Center.
How to Purchase
Purchasing on Amazon (digital and printed format)
Follow the purchasing procedures from the Amazon.co.jp link below.
Purchasing printed version with translation
- When you apply for a translation through Japanese Translation of Foreign License, you can purchase a foreign language version of Rules of the Road along with the translation by following the instructions on the application screen. Click here for more information on applying for a translation online.