The Car blind spot (360-degree VR simulation video for emergencies)
The Car blind spot～A simulated experience of dangers lurking in car blind spots～
The blind spot of a car is the area that cannot be visually seen from the driver's seat.
Blind spots are due to:
(1) the structure of the car, such as its body and pillars.
(2) other obstacles such as surrounding cars or structures on the road.
(3) areas that the driver cannot see without changing the position of his or her eyes.
It is important for drivers to be aware of the dangers lurking in blind spots while driving safely, but it is impossible to actually predict dangers without knowing about them in the first place.
By assuming each driving situation, we use the VR transparency method (a method in which the car body gradually becomes transparent) to represent the dangers lurking in the blind spots of cars.
- Scene 1: What kind of things can be hidden in a car's blind spot?
- Scene 2: Visualizing a car's blind spot.
- Scene 3: The blind spot of a car trying to make a left turn at an intersection – differences in visibility between the driver's seat and the passenger seat.
- Full version: The dangers lurking in the blind spots of cars.