Rules of the Road
【Handling of Japanese Translation Services for Overseas Driver’s Licenses Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak】
※In an effort to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, we strongly recommend purchasing the books from the JAF website such as Amazon etc.
※From April 16 to May 6, 2020, service counters at JAF branches nationwide will operate with shortened business hours from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m (closed on Saturday, Sunday and National holidays)
Information on the foreign-language versions of the “Rules of the Road”
Information on the foreign-language versions of the “Rules of the Road”, which clearly explains traffic rules in Japan
- Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) publishes and sells the foreign-language versions of the Rules of the Road to help foreign motorists understand Japanese traffic rules in order to prevent the occurrence of traffic accidents.
- The foreign-language versions are translations done by JAF of Kotsu no Kyosoku (Rules of the Road) issued by the Japan Traffic Safety Association.
- Please see below for the details of sales price and stores.
- Digital Format and Printed Format are revised in July 2017.
- This book is not meant to be learning material for the written examination at the driver's license center.