Rules of the Road
【Handling of Japanese Translation Services for Overseas Driver’s Licenses Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak】
※In an effort to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, we strongly recommend purchasing the books from the JAF website such as Amazon etc.
※For a while from October 12, 2020, service counters at JAF branches nationwide will operate with shortened business hours from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m (Closed on Saturday, Sunday, national holidays and new year holidays.)
Information on the foreign-language versions of the “Rules of the Road”
Information on the foreign-language versions of the “Rules of the Road”, which clearly explains traffic rules in Japan
- Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) publishes and sells the foreign-language versions of the Rules of the Road to help foreign motorists understand Japanese traffic rules in order to prevent the occurrence of traffic accidents.
- The foreign-language versions are translations done by JAF of Kotsu no Kyosoku (Rules of the Road) issued by the Japan Traffic Safety Association.
- Please see below for the details of sales price and stores.
- Digital Format and Printed Format are revised in July 2017.
- This book is not meant to be learning material for the written examination at the driver's license center.